Now Hiring: Family Advocate Outreach Focus
We are hiring for two Family Advocate positions. These roles focus on services for victims of domestic violence in our outreach communities.
- Provide Legal Advocacy during EPO court hearings for victims of domestic violence; provide resources to all petitioners present in EPO Court; provide support advocacy for specific family court matters and criminal court proceedings.
- Provide individual counseling services to victims and survivors of domestic violence. Includes financial assistance, case management, community resources and facilitate psycho-educational support groups.
- Attend community meetings including but not limited to coordinated community councils. Provide professional community and school trainings regarding domestic / dating violence related themes as needed and as identified.
- Participate in community efforts to actively end power based violence.
- Assist victims in filing and preparing protective orders and amendments to protective orders. Also assist in filing contempt motions and criminal charges and child support.
- Provide crisis call counseling and legal advocacy over the phone and in person regarding EPO, criminal proceedings, child custody issues etc.
- Attend staff meetings and case reviews
- Complete client reports and maintain appropriate case records
- Maintain monthly statistics and ensure complete and accurate numbers are turned in by the 5th of the month.
- Complete KDVA certification within first year of employment.
- Provide advocacy within the bounds of Victim Service Standards.
- Support the general functions and operations of the agency.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to the attention of Diane Fleet, Assistant Director, P.O. Box 55190; Lexington, KY 40555 before 8-30-13. Documents may also be submitted email to diane dot fleet at bdvp dot org. Please use the subject line: Family Advocate Application. Applications will be reviewed as received until the positions are filled.