We are an advocacy agency committed to ending intimate partner abuse in families and the community.
Our specially trained advocates are available to help people harmed by intimate partner abuse any time of the day, every day of the year. Our main facility is situated on a beautiful 40-acre property in rural Fayette County. From this location and two additional offices in our service area, we provide these crisis intervention and stabilization services.
- 24-hour hotline
- emergency shelter
- safety planning
- legal advocacy
- children’s safe exchange and visitation
- individual and group support
- medical and dental treatment
- budget and credit counseling
- supportive housing services
- transportation assistance
Nurturing lives harmed.
Our services are based on the trauma-informed care model. This means we honor that everyone responds to and heals from trauma in different ways. What makes us truly special is the opportunity to be out in the fresh air on a beautiful 40-acre farm that surrounds our emergency shelter.
Adults living in our shelter have the opportunity to participate on the farm, should they choose, in exchange for an hourly stipend. Being out in the fresh air and sunshine encourages healing after abuse. Eating healthy meals made with produce harvested from the farm promotes good nutrition. We also offer other out-of-the-box activities like yoga and journaling to stretch and develop body and mind.
We are community-driven and supported.
We believe domestic violence is a community issue. You have the right to live in a safe, violence-free home and community. Our innovative approach to survivor services has received several recent awards:
- Shelter of the Year Purple Ribbon Award, Theresa’s Fund & Domesticshelters.org
- Celebrating Solutions Award, Mary Byron Project
- Innovative Nonprofit Award, Kentucky Nonprofit Network
- Pyramid Award for Social Innovation, Center for Nonprofit Excellence
- Innovation:Homelessness Award, Kentucky Housing Corporation
- Nonprofit Impact Award, Commerce Lexington
Serving 17 Kentucky counties.
Anderson, Bourbon, Boyle, Clark, Estill, Fayette, Franklin, Garrard, Harrison, Jessamine, Lincoln, Madison, Mercer, Nicholas, Powell, Scott, and Woodford County.