We are an advocacy agency committed to ending intimate partner abuse in families and the community.
Our specially trained crisis counselors are available to help people harmed by intimate partner abuse any time of the day, every day of the year. Our main facility is situated on a beautiful 40-acre property in rural Fayette County. From this location and two additional offices in our service area, we provide these crisis intervention and stabilization services.
- 24-hour hotline
- emergency shelter
- safety planning
- legal advocacy
- children’s safe exchange and visitation
- individual and group support
- medical and dental treatment
- budget and credit counseling
- supportive housing services
- transportation assistance
Nurturing lives harmed.
Our services are based in the trauma-informed care model. This means we honor that everyone responds to and heals from trauma in different ways. What makes us truly special is the opportunity to be out in the fresh air on a beautiful 40-acre farm that surrounds our emergency shelter.
Growing flowers and fruits, vegetables and herbs while growing strong in body and mind. Eating food fresh from the garden models good nutrition and healthy eating habits for parents and kids. Adults living in our shelter have the participate on the farm should they choose, in exchange for a small stipend. We also offer other out-of-the-box activities like yoga and journaling to stretch and develop body and mind.
We are a community-driven and supported.
We believe domestic violence is a community issue. Every individual has the right to live a safe, violence-free life. Our innovative approach to survivor services has received several recent awards:
- National Mary Byron Project Celebration Solutions Award
- Kentucky Nonprofit Network 2013 Innovative Nonprofit Award
- Center for Nonprofit Excellence Pyramid Award for Social Innovation
- National finalist in the Partnership for Freedom Reimagine Opportunity competition
Serving 17 Kentucky counties.
Anderson, Bourbon, Boyle, Clark, Estill, Fayette, Franklin, Garrard, Harrison, Jessamine, Lincoln, Madison, Mercer, Nicholas, Powell, Scott, and Woodford County.